GYT #2: The Future of Youth Entrepreneurship in Eco-businesses
Time & Location
About the event
In the rise of climate and ecosystem concern, there is a wave of consumerism trend amongst the general public, this may potentially lead us to worsening our current concern. In 2017, it was discovered that just 100 companies are responsible for 71% of global emissions, with that being stated it is clear that we need to raise the urgency on creating a more environmentally and economically sustainable business. One of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development goals is to solve the problems between the environmental and economic aspects within it, Sustainable Development Goal 8 aims to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all, while Sustainable Development Goal 13 seeks to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts, there lies an intersectional action that we can take, that is eco-businesses.
In order to achieve a sustainable society, greater development in eco-innovation is needed. The transition from the conventional business to the environmentally conscious business is eagerly required. The concept of it is an enterprise that has minimal negative impact or potentially a positive effect on the global or local environment, community, society, or economy—a business that strives to meet the triple bottom line.
SESSION 1 - The 101 Guide for Youths in Building an Eco-business
- Fany Wyadi, Founder of Ecofrenli
SESSION 2 - The Impotance of leveling Economical & Environmental Development in Eco-businesses for the Future of Young Generations
- Yohannes David Arieanto, Vice President Operations of Rekosistem
- Jessica Halim, Co-Founder of Demi Bumi Indonesia
- Green Economy Program Manager in Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR)
GET TO KNOW:
- The essentials of youth-preneurship and eco-businesses.
- The role of Eco-busineses in the fight against climate change.
- The secret behind sustaining an eco-friendly business.
LET'S TALK ABOUT:
- How to build a profitable business while prioritizing the planet.
- The new prospects and importance of circular economy.
- The importance of balancing environmental & economical development in the pathway of net-zero emissions.
- The urgency in transitioning to a more sustainable economical supply chain.
- Braking the chain of capitalism within modern industries.
Opening by MC
Session 1 (Presentation)