GYT #1: Breaking the Myths of Climate Change & Activism
Time & Location
About the event
With Green YOUth Talks, Green Welfare aims to inspire young people to stand up against our degenerating ecosystem through youth-led causes, youth movements and youth activists by a virtual dialogue every 1-2 months about environmental advocacy and the underlying power of youth.
Objectives of GYT #1:
- Enhance the youth’s awareness of the general overview about our climate status and the power of youth activism.
- Disclose the common stigmas and myths about Climate Change and Youth Activism.
- Inspire youths to voice out climate action through the speaker’s story of activism.
- Inspire youths to perform their activism through their own unique course of action.
- Everyone is a changemaker; Inspire youths to become global changemakers through inclusivity, action and leadership.
- Equip youths with the fundamental keys to become their own changemaker.
Let’s Talk about:
- What YOU can do to tackle Climate Change in the 21st Century
- How YOU can be a changemaker
- Changemaking for Climate Change
- Misconceptions of Climate Change & Activism
- The Power of Changemaking & Youth Activism
Get to know:
- Pamela’s story behind her climate activism through creative design and the journey in building her own platform.
- Angie’s advocacy & story in becoming an aspiring changemaker for global issues through co-founding her own youth organization.
- We The Genesis
- Bisik Remaja
- Gen Z We Are The Future
- Global Youth Action
- Jiwa Muda Bicara
- Teen For Change
- Kolom Remaja
- Aspiring Students Indonesia
- Both Rights ID
- Teen Problems ID
- Be An Advocate
- Discussion Of Ours
- Ruang Paramuda
- Mari Kita Bahas
- Greeners Co
- Layak Bahagia
- Voice The Graphic
Opening & CV Reading by Moderator